David A. Kulwicki, Esq.
David A. Kulwicki has been a trial lawyer for over 29 years. He graduated from the University of Texas-Austin with honors in economics and from the Ohio State University School of Law with his juris doctor. Mr. Kulwicki is former Chairman of the Medical Negligence Section of the Ohio Academy of Justice (OAJ), former Chairman of OAJ’s Constitutional Review Committee and on the Board of Directors for the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys. He has lectured and written on various topics related to personal injury and medical litigation. Mr. Kulwicki practices primarily in the area of medical negligence. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the American Bar Association (ABA), the Ohio Academy of Justice (OAJ) and the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA). He has been recognized by his peers, as an accomplished plaintiff medical malpractice attorney, by Ohio Super Lawyer since 2012, which includes only 5% of the lawyers in Ohio. He has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America since 2014. He has been selected into the National Trial Lawyers: Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association Top 25 in the State of Ohio May 2017.
Explore the Topics Below to Learn More About David’s Background, Experience, and Achievements
Percentage of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Lecturer, Taking Depositions, ABA Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA
- Lecturer, Increasing Damages Awards, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- Lecturer, Using Focus Groups, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers 49th Annual Convention, Columbus, OH
- Lecturer, Constitutionality of Tort Reform, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers 50th Annual Convention, Columbus, OH
- Lecturer, Constitutionality of Tort Reform, Bernard Friedman Institute, Cleveland, OH, 2004
- Lecturer, Medical Negligence Litigation – Plaintiff’s Perspective, 2005 North Carolina Society of Anesthesiology, Asheville, NC
- Lecturer, Case Selection in the Age of Darkness, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Cleveland, OH
- Lecturer, Case Selection, 2005 Cleveland State University – Marshall School of Law, Cleveland, OH
- Lecturer, Settlement Strategies in Complex Medical Malpractice Cases, 2006 NBI Medical Negligence Seminar, Cleveland, OH
- Lecturer, Issues in Voir Dire, 2007 NBI Civil Trial Skills Seminar, Cleveland, OH
- Lecturer, Strategies in Personal Injury Trials, 2008 NBI Personal Injury Seminar, Cleveland, OH
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2013 (The Best Lawyers in America for work in the practice area of Plaintiff’s medical malpractice law).
- Becker & Mishkind Co., L.P.A., 1997 – 2010
- David A. Kulwicki Co., L.P.A, 1995 – 1996
- Garson & Associates Co., L.P.A, 1992 – 1995
- Emens, Hurd, Kegler & Ritter Co., L.P.A., 1988 – 1992