Birth Injury Lawyer Cleveland, OH
A birth injury lawyer in Cleveland, OH clients trust from Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. understands that bringing a child into this world is one of the most exciting moments in a parent’s life. While a majority of births are successful, some can take a turn for the worst. When this happens, parents might feel unsure and scared about the future of the newborn. Complications can arise during pregnancy, the delivery, or soon after the birth. In some cases, these complications are natural and unpreventable. However, it is certainly possible for an error, made on the part of a medical clinician, to lead to a complication.
If you are a parent of a newborn, or child, who was injured or lost their lives during their birth, pre, or postnatal care, and you believe what happened was avoidable, it may be a good idea to ask a lawyer to review your case. Call Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. for a case review.
Birth Injury Lawyer Cleveland, OH
- Can a Birth Injury Be Prevented?
- What are the Most Common Signs of a Birth Injury?
- Cleveland Birth Injury Law Infographic
- What are the Differences Between Life Care Plans and Cost Projections?
- Birth Injury Lawyer Cleveland, OH
- 5 Most Common Birth Injuries
- Birth Injury Law: FAQs
- What are Birth Injury Symptoms for a Child Who is 12-24 Months Old?
- Is it Possible For a Child To Exhibit Signs of Birth Injury After Two Years?
- What is the goal of a birth injury lawsuit?
- How will my lawyer help determine who is liable for my child’s birth injury?
- What can we pursue compensation for after a birth injury to my child?
- How are damages commonly classified in injury lawsuits?
- What are common examples of damages associated with birth injury lawsuits?
- Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A Cleveland Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cleveland Birth Injury Lawyer Google Review
- Cleveland Birth Injury Law Statistics
- Get Legal Assistance Now
Can a Birth Injury Be Prevented?
As a lawyer might point out, some birth injuries cannot be avoided. This may be due to genetics, hereditary predispositions, the health of the mother, and so forth. That being said, there are times in which a birth injury could have been prevented. Because this can be difficult to determine without reviewing medical records and other elements of a possible case, it is advisable to reach out to a qualified lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio families can trust.
Determining whether a birth injury could have been prevented largely rests on whether any of the medical professionals involved adhered to their duty of care. In legal terms, and broadly speaking, the duty of care refers to skill and service provided by a medical professional who is of a sound mind, and with a comparable background. To ensure your case is reviewed properly, a lawyer might ask:
- Was the birth injury predictable or sudden?
- Were there any unreasonable errors made?
- Would another medical professional, with the same or similar background, make the same decision?
- Was anything done that should not have been?
In addition to these questions, a lawyer might ask you about:
- What happened?
- What you were told?
- Whether there were any indications of a mistake?
- The reactions or behaviors of the medical staff?
- Whether you were offered anything?
It is not uncommon for medical professionals to attempt to convince parents that a childbirth injury was indeed “unpreventable”, or something that “was going to happen no matter what.” Even if you have been told something similar, it is still a good idea to talk with a birth injury lawyer. A lawyer will likely gather all medical reco