Workplace Fall Injury Lawyer Cleveland, OH
According to data collected by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are approximately one million people who end up at the hospital each year because of injuries they received in slip and fall accidents, making these accidents one of the most common. Many of the slip and fall accidents that occur in Ohio and in other states occur on the job.
As a workplace fall injury lawyer in Cleveland, OH can attest, injuries from fall accidents can range from minor to severe. Some victims receive injuries so catastrophic they are unable to survive.
At Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A, each Cleveland, OH workplace fall injury lawyer knows that a slip and fall accident can occur anywhere there is a hazard that exists. Some of the most common hazards that can cause a slip and fall include:
- Weather conditions: When it is icy or snowy, walkways and other paths should be cleared, and anti-icing materials should be applied to melt ice that has formed. If the area is one where salt rock or other melting products cannot be used – such as where pets walk – then products such as kitty litter or sand can be thrown down to help walkers avoid slipping.
- Irregular walking surface: This issue can occur inside or outside. Inside a building or residence, there can be loose floorboards or broken tiles that can cause someone to slip. Cracks in pavement, uneven pavement, or pavement buckling can also cause serious injury.
- Tripping hazards: Issues like frayed carpets, scatter rugs, mats, wires, cords, and clutter can be dangerous for anyone walking.
- No handrails: Each municipality has specific building codes when it comes to stairways and handrails. If a handrail is missing, loose, or broken, this can cause an employee to lose their balance as they go up or down the stairs and suffer a bad injury.
- Poor lighting: Companies are also required to have adequate lighting in stairways, foyers, walkways, and other areas where a worker may be walking, especially at night.
- Contaminants: If a liquid is spilt on the floor, it must be addressed immediately in order to avoid someone slipping on the liquid and suffering an injury. Businesses should also put up warnings for employees that the floors may be wet.
As you can see, many of these potential hazards are avoidable. If and employer fails to address these issues, then they can be deemed negligent and at fault for any slip and fall accidents that occur and that injured employee may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact a Cleveland, OH Workplace Fall Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered a fall on the job, either through negligence of your employer or their failure to provide a safe work environment, you may be entitled to collect worker’s compensation benefits while you recover. Call Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A today to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation with a workplace fall injury lawyer Cleveland, OH clients recommend to find out what legal steps are needed in order to get you the benefits you are entitled to.
“Howard and his staff provided excellent, efficient, timely, and succinct information in reviewing a matter for us. I personally think Howard is a trustworthy, genuine, kind and highly knowledgeable attorney. “