Brain Injury Lawyer Cleveland, OH
According to national statistics, there are more than 7 million car accidents every year, claiming the lives of approximately 35,000 victims. Thousands of those crashes occur here in Ohio. Millions of victims who do survive are often left with serious injuries, resulting in long recovery periods. Many victims are left permanently disabled from their injuries.
One of the most dangerous – and unfortunately the most common – vehicle accident injuries is a brain injury. At Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A., each Cleveland, OH brain injury lawyer understands how devastating a brain injury can be for both the victim and their families. It is not uncommon for a victim to be unaware that they have sustained a brain injury because it can take hours or even days before the victim begins suffering from symptoms of the injury. Not realizing they have been injured can result in the victim suffering from permanent disabilities.
As a Cleveland, OH brain injury lawyer can attest, some victims do not survive the injury. This is why it is critical for anyone who has been in a crash to seek medical treatment immediately, even if they do not believe they have been injured.
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
The following symptoms can signal that a car accident victim has sustained a brain injury and should get to a medical professional right away:
- Confusion or feeling disoriented: It is common for anyone involved in a crash to feel shaken up. Even a minor crash and rattle a driver. However, if a person who has been in a car accident feels confusion, dazed, or disorientated, this could be a sign of a brain injury.
- Mood changes: If a car crash victim develops anxiety, depression, becomes agitated, aggressive, or any other changes in mood or their normal personality, this is another symptom of a potential brain injury. A victim who normally suffers from any of these moods may find an increase in these feelings if they have an injury to their brain.
- Sensitivity to stimuli: Another sign of a possible brain injury is if the victim feels sensitivity to sounds, lights, or other types of stimuli.
- Changes in usual sleep patterns: If a victim begins to sleep more than usual or has a difficult time getting to sleep after being in a vehicle crash, they should contact their physician and report these symptoms.
- Loss of consciousness: Any loss of consciousness, even if it is just for a few seconds, is a red flag warning to get to a doctor right away. This is a significant sign of a brain injury.
Call a Cleveland, OH Brain Injury Lawyer Today
A brain injury can have a significant impact on a victim’s physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. If the accident was the result of negligence of another party, the victim should speak with a brain injury lawyer in Cleveland, OH to find out what legal options they may have to pursue damages.
Call Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. to schedule a free and confidential consultation with a brain injury lawyer Cleveland, OH clients recommend and find out how our firm can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
“Howard and his staff provided excellent, efficient, timely, and succinct information in reviewing a matter for us. I personally think Howard is a trustworthy, genuine, kind and highly knowledgeable attorney. “