MVA Lawyer Cleveland OH
You’re driving along when suddenly you’re hit from behind. Or you’ve hit another vehicle from behind. Or you’re sideswiped. No matter the particular details surrounding your accident, you’re understandably thrown for a loop. After all, accidents are jarring, no matter how relatively minor they may first appear to be. Because it isn’t always easy to “take everything in” all at once in the wake of a collision, it is important to seek medical care, even if you have very minor injuries or no immediately visible injuries at all, and it’s important to speak with a Cleveland, OH MVA lawyer. By seeking medical care and professional legal guidance now, you’ll better ensure that your physical wellbeing and legal rights are evaluated by a professional who isn’t affected by the same “post-collision daze” you might be experiencing right now. This is truly a situation in which the old adage “it is far better to be safe than sorry” applies.
Do I Need a Lawyer if My Accident Was Minor?
Even if your accident was minor, it’s important to connect with an experienced Cleveland, OH MVA lawyer. First, you can never quite know how your insurance company (and/or the insurance company of anyone else involved in the collision) will respond to your accident. Having an attorney’s guidance can help to ensure that you’re not placed “on the hook” for costs that you shouldn’t be held responsible for. This relationship can also help to ensure that if you’re entitled to an insurance settlement that you’re given access to the full amount you’re owed. Second, connecting with our firm will help you to understand your legal options, regardless of whether you plan to hold someone else accountable for harm you have suffered or you’re concerned that someone else may try to sue you. Having experienced counsel on your side is empowering in every possible way in the legal aftermath of an accident.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you’ve recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident, even if that accident was relatively minor in terms of property damage and injuries, it’s important to connect with a car accident lawyer Cleveland, OH residents trust. By meeting with the team at Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A., you’ll better ensure that your rights remain protected as you weigh your legal options. Our Cleveland, Ohio MVA lawyer team will help you to fully understand your legal situation so that you can make informed choices concerning insurance settlement matters and additional courses of legal action open to you. Every accident is different, so it’s important not to make any assumptions about your situation before speaking with a professional. Call our firm today to learn more; we look forward to speaking with you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents occur every day in Ohio and can cause a wide range of injuries. Some of these injuries are fairly minor while others are life-threatening. Here are some of the most common car accident injuries.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury that can occur when your head jerks back and forth suddenly during a car accident. Common symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, dizziness and shoulder pain. However, whiplash symptoms aren’t always immediately apparent. In some people, symptoms can take days or weeks to show up.
- Traumatic brain injuries. As an MVA lawyer in Cleveland, OH can confirm, traumatic brain injuries are one of the most severe injuries a person can suffer during a car accident. These injuries can result in long-term cognitive, physical and emotional difficulties. Some traumatic brain injury victims may require long-term rehabilitation services. They may never be able to work the same job again.
- Broken bones. The impact of a car accident can also cause you to break bones in various parts of your body, like your arms, legs and hips. While they might not be life-threatening, broken bones cause excruciating pain. If the bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
- Scrapes and cuts. During a car accident, loose objects, like smartphones and coffee mugs, can fly around and hit your skin, leading to scrapes and cuts. While scrapes and cuts might seem as serious as other car accident injuries, they should not be taken lightly. If not treated properly, they can lead to infection or permanent scars.
- Burns. Severe car accidents can lead to fires, which can result in serious burn injuries. Burns are incredibly painful and can lead to infection, scars, fluid loss and breathing problems.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries like pinched nerves and herniated discs can result in pain, tingling and loss of sensation. In severe cases, these injuries can result in permanent paralysis.
- Amputation. Fingers, toes, arms and legs can become severely severed during a car accident and require surgical amputation.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. Car accident injuries are not always physical. Some people may develop post traumatic stress disorder after an accident. Symptoms of this disorder include nightmares, anxiety and avoiding situations that remind you of the accident. Those who have suffered post-traumatic stress disorder may benefit from speaking to a mental health therapist.