Dilaudid Overdose Lawyer Cleveland, OH
If you suffered harm because of the prescription drug dilaudid, you should speak to a dilaudid overdose lawyer in Cleveland, OH promptly. You may be entitled to compensation. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue a claim and protect your legal rights.
Why Dilaudid Is Used
Dilaudid is a prescription medication intended to relieve severe pain that hasn’t responded to other treatments. Sometimes the drug is taken with other medications.
Common Causes of Dilaudid Overdose
Typically, when dilaudid is administered correctly, the chances of overdose are very slim. However, certain mistakes can increase the risk of overdose in patients. Here are some of the most common causes of dilaudid overdose:
- Failure to monitor a patient’s vitals
- Failure to ask for a patient’s medical history
- Failure to update a patient’s chart
- Failure to show patient how to properly administer dilaudid
Signs of Dilaudid Overdose
If you overdose on dilaudid, you may experience a wide range of symptoms, like drowsiness, slow heart rate, muscle weakness, slow breathing and cold skin. If you have any of these symptoms, you should seek emergency medical care immediately.
Pursuing Compensation for Drug Overdose
If you suffered severe side effects after overdosing on dilaudid, you may be entitled to receive compensation. It is important to discuss your case with an experienced dilaudid overdose lawyer in Cleveland, OH promptly. Here are some damages you may be entitled to receive.
- Medical bills: If you overdose on dilaudid, you will indeed have to go to the hospital for treatment. The medical expenses you incur will likely be thousands of dollars.
- Lost wages: If you suffered an overdose, you likely had to take considerable time off work. If you pursue a legal claim, you may be able to get compensated for your lost wages.
- Drug rehabilitation costs: If you got addicted to dilaudid, you may be able to recoup drug rehabilitation costs through a lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering: If you have suffered any kind of long-term physical or mental pain, such as disability, from your dilaudid overdose, you may receive compensation for that.
- Funeral expenses: If your family member died from dilaudid overdose, you may be able to recoup funeral expenses through a lawsuit.
If you suffered a dilaudid overdose, you should schedule a consultation with a dilaudid overdose lawyer in Cleveland, OH as soon as possible. Call MISHKIND KULWICKI LAW CO., L.P.A. now.