UPS Truck Accident Lawyer Cleveland, OH
Common UPS Truck Accident Injuries
UPS trucks are much bigger and heavier than standard vehicles, so they can cause more severe injuries during accidents. Here are some of the most common UPS truck accident injuries.
- Head injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and severe injuries you can suffer in a UPS truck accident. Even mild head injuries can require long-term medical care, such occupational therapy and speech therapy. Common signs of a head injury include dizziness, nausea, headaches and slurred speech.
- Cuts and lacerations: Cuts and lacerations can occur if glass and other loose objects hit your skin during the accident. Compared to other truck accident injuries, cuts and lacerations might not seem like a big deal. However, as a UPS truck accident lawyer in Cleveland, OH can attest, these injuries are nothing to make light of. If they are deep enough, cuts and lacerations can cause permanent scarring.
- Spinal cord injuries: Truck accident victims can also suffer spinal cord injuries. In the most severe cases, these injuries can result in permanent paralysis. They often have to undergo months or even years of treatment, like physical therapy and surgery.
- Amputation: Amputations can occur during crushing from a UPS truck accident. Those who suffer amputations will likely require long-term medical care and assistance with everyday tasks. They may need prosthetics and other adaptive devices.
What to Do After a UPS Truck Accident
Getting into a UPS truck accident can definitely be a scary experience. However, the steps you take immediately afterward can affect your chances of obtaining fair compensation. Here are a few things you need to do:
- Seek medical attention: Truck accidents often result in severe injuries, so it is critical to see a doctor immediately. He or she will evaluate your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment.
- Consult a lawyer: Medical bills, lost wages and other damages that result from a truck accident can get very expensive. That’s why you need an experienced UPS truck accident lawyer in Cleveland, OH on your side. He or she will handle all negotiations with the insurance company and improve your chances of getting a fair settlement.
- Follow your doctor’s orders: Whether your doctor tells you that you need bed rest or physical therapy, you should follow his or her orders. If you don’t, you could put your health and legal claim in jeopardy.
Truck accidents are one of the most terrible vehicle accidents a person can go through, as a UPS truck accident lawyer that Cleveland, Ohio residents obtain legal services from understands. If you have been injured as a result of a negligent truck driver, you have the right to seek legal action against them. If you are not sure what steps to take for filing a personal injury claim, then a competent and admired lawyer like one from Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. can explain your possible legal options.
UPS Truck Accident Lawyer in Cleveland, OH
Truck accidents are frightening experiences that can cause lasting trauma in victims. For victims who have suffered an injury, recovery is even more challenging. The mountain of expenses from medical bills, loss of vehicle, and overall pain and suffering can take a significant toll. After such an incident, they should not have to deal with the consequences alone. Seeking legal assistance can dramatically improve your circumstances if you have been involved in an accident. A traumatic life event such as a truck accident can significantly impact a victim’s livelihood and cause financial instability, so they will use their skills and experience to protect their client’s rights to the fullest. You can learn more about what a lawyer like one from Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. can help you with during your free consultation.
How Truck Accidents Are Commonly Caused
There are several common causes of truck accidents. Lack of routine maintenance, distractions, reckless driving, and driving under the influence are all things that may lead to an accident occurring. Because trucks are much bigger and heavier than other types of vehicles, truck accidents often harm a greater number of people. Boxes, metal containers and other kinds of cargo carried in trucks can spill on the road and become hazards to multiple drivers. Injuries from truck accidents also tend to be more severe or are sometimes permanent.
Below are some of the most common causes of truck accidents that a UPS truck accident lawyer who practices in Cleveland, OH often deals with:
- Drunk driving
- Failure to observe traffic laws or signs
- Sleepiness or driver fatigue
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Lack of safety measures of equipment
- Distracted driving (texting, dealing with passengers, etc.)
Legal Assistance is Available
Make sure you are prepared prior to a consultation with a lawyer. It would be helpful and productive for you to bring a list of any questions and topics you want to raise so that the lawyer can answer them in detail. If you have any relevant documents you are welcome to bring those as well.
Only a highly knowledgeable and experienced lawyer is capable of delivering optimal results for their clients. It requires exceptional analysis and persuasive skills to build an argument that serves to obtain the highest compensation amount for clients. They will use the appropriate strategies to examine the best way to recover financial compensation for damages you suffered. Contact a top UPS truck accident lawyer that Cleveland, Ohio trusts today to learn more.