Doctor Malpractice Lawyer Cleveland OH
If you were hurt while under a doctor’s care, you should speak to a doctor malpractice lawyer Cleveland OH residents trust. What happened to you was unjust and you deserve to be compensated for that. A skilled lawyer can stand up for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Filing for Medical Malpractice
Filing a medical malpractice lawsuit involves many complexities and can be quite overwhelming. As a result, some people make mistakes during the filing process that jeopardize their cases. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid:
- Not Getting Copies of Your Medical Records: As soon as you realize you are the victim of medical malpractice, you should obtain copies of your medical records. If you wait too long to get your hands on these records, you risk someone altering them and hurting your case.
- Failing to See a New Doctor: If you were injured while under a doctor’s care, you should see another doctor as soon as possible. He or she will have to correct the first doctor’s mistake and get you on the road to recovery. If you neglect to see another doctor right away, you could put your health in serious jeopardy. Additionally, your first doctor’s insurance company may argue that you are not truly hurt and try to deny your claim.
- Neglecting to Take Notes About Your Injury: Your medical malpractice lawyer Cleveland OH residents trust will advise you to take detailed notes about your injury. As time goes on, it can be easy to forget certain details about your injury. For example, if your injury makes it more difficult to fall asleep at night, jot that down in your journal. The more information you have about your injury, the stronger your case will be.
- Waiting Too Long to File: In the state of Ohio, you have one year to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you miss that deadline, you will no longer have the right to pursue compensation. That’s why it’s important to start the claims process as soon as possible.
- Not Seeking Legal Representation: Medical malpractice lawsuits are some of the most complicated personal injury cases. That’s why you should never attempt to handle it on your own. It’s important to have an experienced doctor malpractice lawyer in Cleveland OH on your side. He or she can help you file your claim correctly and on time, identify key witnesses, gather evidence and negotiate with insurance companies. Many medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you won’t have to worry about owing your lawyer money upfront.
If you’re the victim of medical malpractice, you should schedule a free consultation with a doctor malpractice lawyer in Cleveland OH at Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. as soon as possible.