Spinal Hematoma Lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio
At Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A., a Spinal hematoma lawyer in Cleveland, OH imagines the pain and anguish victims and their families are going through. That is why it is our goal to advocate for people whose lives have changed because of another’s mistake, negligence, or recklessness. This kind of injury will alter a victim’s life dramatically. If you or a loved one are suffering because of a recent spinal accident injury, please call our office right now for support and legal guidance.
Spinal Cord as a Communication Network
The human spinal cord has a vital role in the flow of messages and movement throughout the body. All the nerves in the body are connected to the spinal cord, and processes information about what we smell, hear, see, touch, and taste. It is through the spinal cord sending messages from the brain to our organs and muscles that gets them to work properly.
When the spinal cord gets damaged, a big problem happens in that the pathway of messages from the brain to the entire body is blocked. Severe spinal cord injuries may result in permanent loss of communication between the brain and certain parts of the body. This also means a victim may require significant restitution in order to have the care they need to live.
A spinal cord injury may cause some or all of these problems:
- Medical bills and wage loss
- Immense pain and suffering
- Loss of sensation
- Paralysis (Paraplegia or Quadriplegia)
A spinal hematoma occurs when a collection of blood compresses down on the spinal cord and its nerve roots. Too much compression can cause neurological damage that is irreversible. Anyone who suspects they may have a spinal cord hematoma or other related injury is advised to seek emergency medical attention immediately. Common signs of a spinal hematoma include:
- Difficulty walking
- Loss of bowel or bladder
What Are Common Causes Of Spinal Hematoma?
Spinal hematoma is caused when hemorrhaging occurs around the spinal cord. Spinal hematoma can occur from a number of tragedies. Some causes include:
- Trauma from a car wreck
- Trauma from a skiing accident
- Trauma from a fall
- Medical negligence, such as poorly performed spinal surgery
- Anticoagulation medication
This condition rarely occurs without someone else being at fault. If you believe your spinal hematoma is the result of someone’s negligent or reckless actions, please speak with experienced spinal hematoma lawyers in Cleveland, OH.
What Can Make My Spinal Hematoma Worse?
Unfortunately, your spinal hematoma may worsen if your doctors don’t act diligently and follow protocol. For example, your doctors should wait between 36 and 48 hours after signs and diagnosis occurs before beginning surgery. This is the most ideal window, according to recent studies. If your doctors delay in beginning surgery, they should consider a surgical decompression plan once it’s readily apparent that spinal cord compression has started. Failure to take these necessary steps can hinder your recovery and be cause for a bigger lawsuit compensation amount.
Also, failure to recognize the signs and failure to seek medical attention as soon as possible may worsen your condition. Putting pressure on your back may also exacerbate your injury.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is also known as medical negligence. It is a legal cause of action that stems from a hospital or medical staff taking unreasonable actions that are reasonably foreseeable to cause you injury. In other words, medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider takes or fails to take actions that deviate from common practice for their field, render subpar aid, misdiagnose, or miss a diagnosis. You have a right to sue if your healthcare provider handled you poorly, and your medical malpractice case may be worth millions.
Contact Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A.
If the information here resonates with what you or a loved one is going through, then we encourage you to contact us without hesitation. What we do from here is consult with you and find out more about the injury accident. Then we can advise what to do next. If you’re ready to move forward, call Cleveland Spinal hematoma lawyer in OH at Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. now. Call us today for a free consultation at (216) – 595 – 1900 or fill out our contact form here. You can also call us toll free at 866 – 558 – 0231. Bear in mind that there is no fee attached to hiring us as your lawyers initially. We only get paid once we win your case, and we take a percentage of your recovery amount. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
If that’s not enough to convince you, the vast achievements of our lawyers will. Howard D. Mishkind, Esq. specializes in helping injured families assert their rights against medical staff who are negligent. Mishkind is so knowledgeable that he’s given lectures and taught at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. What’s more he has received the highest recognition possible from Martindale-Hubbell, which is an AV Preeminent rating, which is the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He went on to be awarded a 10 out of 10 rating by AVVO in 2015 and the Client’s Choice Award that same year. As you can rest assured, he believes in passionately fighting for justice for your medical injuries.
Qualities to Look for in a Spinal Hematoma Lawyer
Suffering a spinal hematoma can be a life-changing experience. You may have permanent damage and require long-term medical care. If the injury occurred because of negligence you deserve to be compensated. An experienced spinal hematoma lawyer in Cleveland, OH can help you pursue a lawsuit. Here are some important qualities you should look for in a lawyer:
- Experience. First and foremost, you will want to work with a lawyer who has experience handling spinal hematoma cases. The injury is very complex and can result in many complications. The more experience your lawyer has handling this particular injury case, the better outcome you will ultimately have.
- Medical knowledge. If your spinal hematoma resulted from a medical mistake, it is important to find a lawyer who has extensive medical knowledge. When looking through your medical records, he or she should know exactly what the terminology means.
- Compassion. A spinal hematoma can result in serious complications, including difficulty walking, numbness, pain and even paralysis. That is why it is helpful to work with a lawyer who has true compassion for your situation. He or she should understand what a difficult time you’ve had and offer words of encouragement. If you know that your lawyer actually cares about helping you get justice, you will feel better about your situation.
- Aggressiveness. If your spinal hematoma was caused by medical malpractice, there’s a good chance your case will go to trial. Therefore, it’s critical to choose a lawyer who is aggressive. He or she should feel confident in a courtroom and not feel intimidated by the other side.
- Honesty. It is also important to work with a lawyer who is completely. He or she should not just tell you what you want to hear. If there is very little chance that you will win your case, your lawyer should be able to tell you that. If your lawyer tries to promise too much too soon, it may be time to go with someone else.
- Availability. If you want to pursue a lawsuit for your spinal hematoma, you should choose a lawyer who actually has time to give your case the attention it deserves. If the lawyer is already swamped with other cases and you always have to talk to the paralegal, it may be good idea to find a different lawyer.