Spinal Hematoma Lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio
At Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A., a Spinal hematoma lawyer in Cleveland, OH imagines the pain and anguish victims and their families are going through. That is why it is our goal to advocate for people whose lives have changed because of another’s mistake, negligence, or recklessness. This kind of injury will alter a victim’s life dramatically. If you or a loved one are suffering because of a recent spinal accident injury, please call our office right now for support and legal guidance.
Spinal Cord as a Communication Network
The human spinal cord has a vital role in the flow of messages and movement throughout the body. All the nerves in the body are connected to the spinal cord, and processes information about what we smell, hear, see, touch, and taste. It is through the spinal cord sending messages from the brain to our organs and muscles that gets them to work properly.
When the spinal cord gets damaged, a big problem happens in that the pathway of messages from the brain to the entire body is blocked. Severe spinal cord injuries may result in permanent loss of communication between the brain and certain parts of the body. This also means a victim may require significant restitution in order to have the care they need to live.
A spinal cord injury may cause some or all of these problems:
- Medical bills and wage loss
- Immense pain and suffering
- Loss of sensation
- Paralysis (Paraplegia or Quadriplegia)
A spinal hematoma occurs when a collection of blood compresses down on the spinal cord and its nerve roots. Too much compression can cause neurological damage that is irreversible. Anyone who suspects they may have a spinal cord hematoma or other related injury is advised to seek emergency medical attention immediately. Common signs of a spinal hematoma include:
- Difficulty walking
- Loss of bowel or bladder
Contact Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A.
If the information here resonates with what you or a loved one is going through, then we encourage you to contact us without hesitation. What we do from here is consult with you and find out more about the injury accident. Then we can advise what to do next. If you’re ready to move forward, call Cleveland Spinal hematoma lawyer in OH at Mishkind Kulwicki Law Co., L.P.A. now.
Qualities to Look for in a Spinal Hematoma Lawyer
Suffering a spinal hematoma can be a life-changing experience. You may have permanent damage and require long-term medical care. If the injury occurred because of negligence you deserve to be compensated. An experienced spinal hematoma lawyer in Cleveland, OH can help you pursue a lawsuit. Here are some important qualities you should look for in a lawyer:
- Experience. First and foremost, you will want to work with a lawyer who has experience handling spinal hematoma cases. The injury is very complex and can result in many complications. The more experience your lawyer has handling this particular injury case, the better outcome you will ultimately have.
- Medical knowledge. If your spinal hematoma resulted from a medical mistake, it is important to find a lawyer who has extensive medical knowledge. When looking through your medical records, he or she should know exactly what the terminology means.
- Compassion. A spinal hematoma can result in serious complications, including difficulty walking, numbness, pain and even paralysis. That is why it is helpful to work with a lawyer who has true compassion for your situation. He or she should understand what a difficult time you’ve had and offer words of encouragement. If you know that your lawyer actually cares about helping you get justice, you will feel better about your situation.
- Aggressiveness. If your spinal hematoma was caused by medical malpractice, there’s a good chance your case will go to trial. Therefore, it’s critical to choose a lawyer who is aggressive. He or she should feel confident in a courtroom and not feel intimidated by the other side.
- Honesty. It is also important to work with a lawyer who is completely. He or she should not just tell you what you want to hear. If there is very little chance that you will win your case, your lawyer should be able to tell you that. If your lawyer tries to promise too much too soon, it may be time to go with someone else.
- Availability. If you want to pursue a lawsuit for your spinal hematoma, you should choose a lawyer who actually has time to give your case the attention it deserves. If the lawyer is already swamped with other cases and you always have to talk to the paralegal, it may be good idea to find a different lawyer.